It's a little late for New Year's Resolutions, but I'm thinking some Life Resolutions are in order.
1. I will no longer try to maintain relationships with people that don't care about me, or accept me for who I am.
2. I will no longer do favors for people who never say thank you, or return the favors.
3. I will not seek attention by being flirty, or shocking people.
4. I will appreciate every single day of my life, and not keep thinking about tomorrow, or next week, or this summer.
5. I will stop worrying about the things I can not change, and focus on the things I can.
6. I will stop blaming myself for the bad decisions my grown, and almost grown children make, and the imperfections in their lives.
7. I will shut out the nagging voice of my mother, the guilt of having a messy house, and the impulse to compare what my house looks like to anyone else's. I have made my own choices, established my own priorities, and no one here is upset because things are not all in order.
9. I will stop trying to do everything for everyone in my family, and delegate to those perfectly capable of doing for themselves, and helping out the family.
10. I will stop worrying what could happen in a relationship, and just enjoy what is happening.
11. I will stop regarding feedback from others as proof of my self-worth, or that I have done something well.
12. I will stop beating myself up daily for the mistakes I've made in the past.
13. I will take what I can from those mistakes and learn from them.
14. I will be true to myself and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it.
15. I will make myself a better person by setting and following my own path.