Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Personal Statement

I am weird. I will not even try to deny it. Crazy, yes, I am crazy too. I've already been to the therapist, and I'm already on medication, so if you don't like the finished result, there's nothing I can do about it.

I am a momma bear. I can tolerate a lot of bullshit, but not when it comes to my kids. If you mess with my kids, watch out!
My kids are homeschooled. This does not mean that I think instiutionalized schooling is bad or evil. It means I believe that all the world's educational opportunities do not come in a box. I don't think my kids are geniuses, but I do think they are special.
And by the way, I am not a Fundamentalist Christian, in case you haven't figured that out already.

I am bisexual. This means I am attracted to men and women at a 50/50 ratio, not that I want to boink 100% of the population.


My husband waits on me hand and foot. He's also one of those rare guys that loves taking care of his woman, and with respect. He had some really good raw potential when I met him, and after 20 years, I've molded myself something quite useful. He's mine; you can't have him, so get over it!

I love cats. When I was a kid I wanted a cat so badly. My mom didn't. She said when I grew up, I could have 10 cats if I wanted. I settled for 5.

It is my goal to contribute 4 more free-thinkers into this world. I see more and more parents doing the same. I was hoping I'd see some balance between free-thinkers, and followers within my lifetime, but that Duggar woman just won't stop.

I do daycare in my home. I fell into this occupation by accident when my friend finally started catching up with me, and spat out some babies. Don't ever let anyone tell you that working moms aren't raising their kids. My friend works her ass off, and then does a whole 'nother shift at home. She has also made the oh so wise child raising decision of allowing me to help her.

Kids are wasting their time reading vocabulary workbooks. They should all just listen to Metallica, instead. The literacy rates in America would skyrocket.

As my kids get older, nothing is staying cleaner. The handprints on the wall are just getting higher, and the dirty shoe marks on the carpet are getting longer.
18 year old children are way harder to parent than 2 year olds. They've got the same mindset, but adult legal rights.

I am an atheist. It's not that I have anything against gods, but I don't have the time to worship them. With so many potential gods in the world throughout history, it wouldn't be fair to worship just one, and snub the others.

Dark chocolate is what I call foreplay.

Debating is fun. It's a great way to vent frustration, and force yourself to learn.